Beginning June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens are now required to present either a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document when traveling via air or land between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda. For sea travel, the laws are a little different. Currently, only proof of citizenship and a government issued photo ID is required to cruise to the ports on our schedule.
"Closed Loop" Cruises: U.S. citizens who board a cruise ship at a port within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship may present a government issued photo identification, along with proof of citizenship (an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization). Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport to enter the foreign countries your cruise ship is visiting. Check with the cruise line to ensure you have the appropriate documents.
Passports are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to take our cruises. Without a passport, you will not be permitted to depart some of the ports, even in case of an emergency. It is also entirely possible that at some point in the future, passports may be required. Lastly, if you miss your flight and eventually the ship, you will not be permitted to fly into non-US islands/countries without a passport.

To find out more about US Passport policies, pricing and requirements, please visit the US Dept of State Travel website at:​


Other Quick Links:


Passport Cards: 

Return to Home